Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Just about ready

   Hey everyone, this is Caleb once more and before I get into the blog I just want to point out that at the very bottom left is a box where you can now type in your email and get notifications when there's a new post. If you'd like that, go ahead.
Anyway it's currently Tuesday evening, on the day before I leave. My countdown timer reads 11hrs and 2 min till I go. I'm starting to feel quite scared and nervous, but that's normal. I've spent the last few days saying good-byes and packing up. I went into my school on Friday to say my last farewells and make sure that my friends remember who I am for when I get back. It's been crazy these last few days trying to pack everything and finalize all my details. My room is absolutely empty at this point, as Ethan will likely be moving in. It's quite depressing in reality. everything is bare and it no longer feels like mine. I suppose that's the truth, my room is now in Cagliari. I've had a lot of "last things" here in America, and I think that I'm finally ready to go. My Italian is still rough and incredibly slow, but it'll improve, of that I'm sure.
I'll be travelling with another exchange student on my trip, his name is Kenneth, from Washington. He'll be staying in Cagliari same as me, and it's certainly a possibility that we might end up living with one of each others' host families. He seems nice enough, and I'm excited to meet one of my first friends I'll have in Italy.
The goodbyes have been brutal so far, especially on Mom and Aamon, but it's all good and everyone will be okay. My luggage is currently completely full to the limit, even though I have been told several times by the Rotary guys that I need to pack less than what I think I need. I have to suitcases with 50 pounds each and my carry-on is bordering right on the limit of 26 pounds.
My flight for Seattle leaves at 9:25, and from there it's on to Paris - Rome - and Cagliari!! Ludovica (my host family's daughter) has given me a heads up that they've got an awesome house and that her mom is the best cook ever. I have to say, I'm looking forward to meeting my new family! I'll finally meet them at 2:30 PM the day after I leave, meaning just under 24 hours of travel for the entire trip. I'll post once more when I get settled in with my first impressions of Italy. Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe
Enter your email address to receive notifications when there are new posts
Powered by BLOG ALERT